Catholic Communities of Brawley & Westmorland
Welcome to our Catholic Communities of Brawley & Westmorland website. We are part of the Diocese of San Diego and Christ's Catholic Church. We rejoice in our communion with our local Bishop, the Most Reverend Robert W. McElroy. Our purpose and mission is centered in Christ and the Eucharist. We seek to be of one mind and heart with the Church by loving God with all our heart, all our mind, all our strength, all our soul; and by loving our neighbor as ourselves. Here you will find the latest news and information about Catholic Communities of Brawley & Westmorland as well as news and information important to the life of our parishes.
Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand
11. Jesus spoke to the crowds about the kingdom of God, and healed those who needed healing.
12. Late in the afternoon the Twelve came to him and said, “Send the crowd away so they can go to the surrounding villages and countryside and find food and lodging, because we are in a remote place here.”
13. He replied, “You give them something to eat.”
They answered, “We have only five loaves of bread and two fish—unless we go and buy food for all this crowd.”
14. (About five thousand men were there.)
But he said to his disciples, “Have them sit down in groups of about fifty each.”
15. The disciples did so, and everyone sat down.
16. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people.
17. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.